WARNING! DON’T LOOK AHEAD IF YOU DON’T WANT TO HAVE POSSIBLE SPOILERS!
Okay, look, I don’t like posting this kind of stuff, especially for Pokémon, without seeing it off some sort of credible source (serebii.net for example) but I feel this may be pretty close to the real thing! And yes, they’re a bit old but it’s the first time I’m seeing them, so it may be the first time for you too!
Let’s get started… This pictures surfaced around early July of the three Alolan starters, Rowlet, Poppilo, and Litten’s possible final evolutions, each stamped with a “Confidential” stamp which matches the descriptions of an (allegedly) credible Chinese source discussed on NeoGAF at the beginning of August.
If you don’t want to be spoiled, turn back now!
After correctly guessing Salandit, here’s the gist of what he’s stated about Pokémon Sun and Moon:
- In addition to Salandit, there’s New Pokemon based on a mushroom, a dolphin, a sea cucumber, a snowman, and some sort of “rugby monkey”—a monkey with a ball, apparently? If legit I imagine one or two of these Pokemon will be officially revealed soon, perhaps in CoroCoro, and if so that will speak to the legitimacy of this leak.
So far, since this post, there has been a mushroom Pokémon announced in the form of Morelull, but, I mean, you guess 10 Pokémon and half of them are most likely going to be true.
- Rockruff will evolve into a werewolf. The official site mentions Rockruff howling at night prior to evolution in its flavor text and if this list was originally seen before then, not sure though when it first appeared, that’s a plus for it.
There’s nothing on this yet, but how super would this be.
- Marshadow, a name we saw trademarked alongside the Box Legendaries a few months ago, apparently has a “very unique Typing”. I’ve been speculating that Marshadow could be similar to Victini as a Mythical Pokemon revealed prior to the release of Sun and Moon, and I wonder if the upcoming Volcanion film could reveal him. If my theory is correct at the end like what happened with Victini at the end of the final Diamond and Pearl film.
Nothing on this either but there is a Legendary unaccounted for! They come in 3s!
- There are apparently these special areas on the map that are hidden at first known as “districts” (?) where powerful Pokemon known as Overlords reside. Are these Legendaries? Or are they simply unusually powerful normal Pokemon with Hidden Abilities perhaps?
Perhaps these are where the Alola Form of Pokémon are, such as Meowth and Exeggutor. They’ve changed their Types from the original games in Pokémon Sun and Moon. There are also the Totem Pokémon that guards the islands that you must face after each trial.
- No Gym Leaders. We’ve yet to see any real sign of Gyms this time around, and I was wondering about that honestly. Instead, it seems the plot of the game involves forming a League and each Island is protected by an Island Leader. I assume the first one is Hala and Tapu Koko, who we’ve seen in previews, who serve as the Island Leaders of Melemele Island. It seems an actual Elite Four will eventually appear, perhaps in the post-game.
The Island Leaders and lack of Gyms have been more or less confirmed. I mean, Hala as the Island Leader or Melemele has been confirmed, and the overall lack of Gyms shown in the trailers is… odd. We also know that there’ll be trials by the Trial Leaders. 4 islands with 2 people to beat on them, that 8 equals the 8 badges you’ve gotten in previous games!
- The diamonds seen in the logo, and in the bracelets the playable characters wear, are collectible and seem to unlock functions somewhat similar to Mega Evolution but not quite—perhaps this is related to the “Super Move” Pikachu is shown using in a shot posted to the official site. One of these stones apparently will be used to access Ash-Greninja.
Z-Moves have been confirmed, including confirming that the diamonds in the bracelets that your character wears changes the move that you can use. These moves are very similar to Mega Evolutions in that they are only used once ber battle and must be thought through. Nothing on the Ash-Greninja though.
- You can ride almost any Pokemon, though what “almost any” includes isn’t quite clear. A recent shot posted to the official site shows the player riding a Stoutland, so if this list was posted before that it’s another plus in its authenticity.
Once again, this is more of less confirmed. You can ride a lot of Pokémon in spots around the islands, like Sharpedo, Stoutland, Tauros, Mudslade, and Charizard.
- Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio evolve into an archer, a wrestler, and a siren respectively—this matches this interesting “concept art” that has been circulating for awhile now but has yet to be confirmed or discredited.
UPDATE: THESE FORMS HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED! HOW CRAZY IS THAT?! 27/10/2016
Okay, here’s where this all gets good. These pictures have shown up a while ago and they look pretty… well… cool! Here they are:
Rowlet’s final evolution is an archer. Looks badass. In Rowlet’s details, it states: “it can also attack from a distance using the razor-sharp leaves that form part of its feathers.” An archer makes perfect sense!
Poppilo’s final evolution is a siren, beautiful creatures that lure sailors to their deaths. Great, huh? I’m not sure this would go well with a male Poppilo, but having a male Fenniken from the last generation kinda felt weird too, so, yeah, not sure on this one.
Litten’s final evolution is a wrestler, which fits in with other Pokémon like Crabrawler, the boxing lobster, and Oricorio, the 4 different dancing type of birds. Not only is this all super cool and look kinda legit, in Litten’s picture, you can see a familiar figure sitting beside a worn out wrestler cat. Turns out, she’s Mallow, a Trail Leader from an island in Alola. And get this… these pictures emerged around a month before she was even announced!
So what do you think about all this? Is there anything I’ve missed? Let me know! We’ll keep you updated every step of the way of this journey towards Pokémon Sun and Moon!