If you’ve been keeping up with all the Stardew Valley update 1.1 hype (we definitely have), then you’ll be pleased to know that the update is SO CLOSE TO COMING OUT! Ahem. However, if you can’t wait a little bit longer, who am I to stop you?
Developer ConcernedApe made a post on the Stardew Valley forums stating that the update is “basically finished”, but he needs some beta testers. That’s where you come in! Here’re the full details:
If you decide to help me out by playing on the beta branch, I appreciate it very much. Thank you!
To access the current beta version of Stardew Valley (on Steam):
- Right click on Stardew Valley in your games library and select “Properties”
- Click the “Betas” tab
- Click the drop down menu and select “beta” (no password is necessary)
- Steam will download the beta version. Stardew Valley should now have a [beta] tag in your library.
While it’s very unlikely that playing the beta version will threaten your save files, I recommend backing them up anyway. Your save files can be found in the” %appdata%/StardewValley/Saves” folder.
Please use this thread and the report template below (if possible) to report any issues you encounter. Also, make sure to check the list of issues found so far (at bottom) to see if your issue has already been fixed.
Summary of issue:
Steps for Reproduction:
What Operating System are you using:
Make sure you help a guy out! He’s already squashed a lot of the bugs thanks to the community’s help.
Wait, you didn’t know update 1.1 was even going ahead? Well, luckily, he’s added a list of the goodies he’s adding!
- Shane and Emily are now available to marry. They each have new events, music, and more!
- Spouses now have a unique outdoor area and behavior on the farm.
- You can now choose from 5 different farm maps at character creation. Each map is focused on a different skill area.
- Standard Farm – The original Stardew Valley farm.
- Riverland Farm – Lots of water, good for fishing.
- Forest Farm – Foraging opportunities and a unique weed that always drops mixed seeds.
- Hill-top Farm – Has a small mineral deposit from which ores spawn, including a unique geode-bearing ore.
- Wilderness Farm – Bats and Golems spawn at night.
- “Shed” building… An empty room that can be decorated, filled with kegs, etc.
- “Mill” building… Can be used to turn wheat into flour and beets into sugar overnight.
- A new quest that can be started after the Community Center or JojaMart quest arc is complete. The new quest results in a new “magical construction” feature available from the Wizard’s Tower. The new quest is triggered when you enter the Railroad area.
- Added several new locations that are related to the above quest. “Junimo Hut” building (Magical Construction). Junimos will harvest crops within a certain distance of the hut, instantly transporting the harvest back to the hut for you to gather at your convenience.
- “Earth Obelisk” building (Magical Construction). A permanent warp totem to the mountains.
- “Water Obelisk” building (Magical Construction). A permanent warp totem to the beach.
- “Gold Clock” building (Magical Construction). Prevents weeds from spawning and fences from decaying on your farm.
- You can now move your buildings via Robin’s construction menu.
- New house upgrade from Robin that adds a cellar to your house and teaches you the “cask” crafting recipe. In the cellar, you can use Casks to age cheese and alcohol, increasing their quality.
- “Iridium-star” level quality is now attainable for aged goods and fruit. (2x value)
- NPC’s now appreciate quality level in gifts, but it only has an effect on gifts they “like” or “love”.
- Added Coffee, a spring/summer crop, and Coffee Bean. The bean acts as the produce and the seed, similar to sunflowers.
- 5 Coffee beans can be added to a Keg to make coffee.
- Honey can be placed in a keg to make mead.
- Void eggs can be placed in mayonnaise machines to make void mayonnaise.
- 2 new fish, “Void Salmon” and “Slimejack”
- You can now choose to color your chests with one of 20 color options.
- Evil Shrines, where you can make offerings in exchange for dark magic.
- Divorce. You can file from a little book in mayor’s house.
- You can now wallpaper the little hallways in your upgraded house.
- When you beat Journey Of The Prairie King, you can now start over in a harder mode, keeping your upgrades and coins.
- 2 new “Lost Books”
- Krobus now sells a “Return Scepter”… a tool which acts as a permanent warp totem to the farm.
- Giving someone a gift on their birthday will never make your spouse jealous.
- Pierre now sells a “Catalogue” furniture item that can be used for unlimited free access to all wallpapers and floors.
- Robin now sells a “Furniture Catalogue” furniture item that can be used for unlimited free access to nearly all furnitures.
Not long now! Soon, Shane… soon…