Rocket League is getting a bright and shiny new update! Players will get to battle it out in this cyberpunk dystopia that is Neo Tokyo on June 20th. This arena was originally in ‘Rocket Labs’ under the name ‘Underpass’ but now it’s back and has been made even better for this upcoming DLC.
Other features with this update are as followed:
- The beginning of “Season 3” for Competitive Playlists, which resets all skill ratings and rewards last season’s players with exclusive Rocket Trails that reflect their highest achieved ranks
- An expanded Item drop system that adds…
- More than 20 “Rare” and “Very Rare” Item types for online, post-game drops
- An easy-to-use “Trade In” system that allows players to exchange multiple Items of one rarity type for an even rarer one.
- New “Painted” Items that offer different color variations on existing Garage favorites like Toppers and Wheels
- Special “Certified” Items that track specific in-game stats and increase in prestige the higher those stats go
- New Quick-Chat customization options that expand player choices for fast, in-game communication
- New Post-Game celebrations that spotlight the winning team and allow them to jump, spin, and boost their car to show off their accomplishments
- “Pillars,” a new experimental Arena that separates the field into three lanes via two massive walls in the middle of the stadium
- Eight new Trophies and Achievements on all three platforms [Blog Coming June 13]
- A new, in-game “Showroom” that allows players to view and purchase all previously-released and future premium DLC [Blog Coming June 15]
Not only this, but following the update, 2 new DLC cars will be available first to the owners of the Rocket League Collector’s Edition from June 24th in Europe and July 5th in North America, then released worldwide on July 18th for around $2.70 AUD per car. These cars, named the ‘Masamune’ (below, left) and the ‘Esper’ (below, right), have a fresh, futuristic and TRON-like aesthetic which pairs with the Neo Tokyo theme. They join 2 previously-announced Battle Cars, the ‘Marauder’ and the ‘Aftershock’ which will also be available worldwide for purchase from July 18th.